If you're playing on a device with below the size of the RAM (random access memory), this could be causing your device to crash. When we add new features to our games, this expands the size of the game and makes it harder for these larger games to run.
Here are some helpful tips to fix these issues. However they do not guarantee to fix your problems, as older devices on iOS are known to have memory leaks with graphically intensive games.
Speed Up iOS 10 by Disabling Transparency & Motion
* Some devices seem to struggle to render visual effects on iOS 10, by disabling transparency and motion eye candy, you can speed up the general interactivity of iOS on any iPhone, IPad, or iPod touch.
1. Open the “Settings” app in iOS and go to “General”
2. Choose “Accessibility”
3. Locate “Increase Contrast” and choose “Reduce Transparency”, toggling that to the ON position
4. Turn on transparency to speed up iOS 10
5. Go back to Accessibility and now locate “Reduce Motion”, toggle that to the ON position as well speed up iOS 9 with reducing motion
6. Exit out of Settings and explore around iOS to immediately feel the difference in speed
Boost Performance By Disabling Background App Refresh
* Background App Refresh is an interesting feature that allows background app activity in iOS, but while it’s well intentioned it can lead to a decrease in device performance. Turning it off is easy, and the only side effect is that when you open an app that gets details from the internet, it refreshes on open rather than in the background – no big deal.
1. In the Settings app of iOS, go to “General”
2. Find “Background App Refresh” and turn the feature to the OFF position
3. Turn off background app refresh to speed up iOS 10
Disable Siri Suggestions for a Another Speed Increase
* This is probably the hardest feature to turn off, because Siri Suggestions is one of the most notable new abilities and interesting features in iOS 10. But, unfortunately, it also slows down iOS (at least on some hardware), and turning it off has an immediately noticeable increase in speed.
1. Open the Settings app and go to “General”
2. Select “Spotlight Suggestions”
3. Flip the switch for “Siri Suggestions” to the OFF position
4. Turn off Siri suggestions for speed performance boost
* Yes this means you will no longer get the Siri Suggestions when you swipe over or down to search in iOS, but the result is a faster device when performing searches and accessing those screens. Whether or not you want to lose one of the core features of iOS 10 for the sake of a speed boost is really up to you.
Bonus Tip: Forcibly Reboot the Device
* Sometimes forcing the device to reboot can help performance, usually if there is an errant process or something of the like going on in the background. Though people seemed to have mixed results with this, force rebooting is easy to do:
1. Hold down the Home button and Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen
If the issue persists, try uninstalling and re-installing.
To uninstall, please follow the below instructions:
1. Hold down on the Heart of Vegas app until it wiggles.
2. Press the 'X' on the app.
3. You will now be prompted to delete the app. Please select "Delete".