An active connection is needed to play our games as it sends real time updates to our servers. This means that any buffering/lag will interrupt the connection. However, there are some ways you can prevent your connection from dropping during game play:
1. Reset your router. This will help refresh your Internet connection.
2. Play as close to your router as possible.
3. Double-check that your device has plenty of battery life left. If you’re playing with low battery life, the device has to work harder to run a game. It’s recommended to play while connected to your computer, a wall outlet, or after the battery has fully charged.
4. Close all applications. When you exit an app, the app does not close automatically. For some issues, including game crashes, it is a good idea to close all applications running in background to free up your device’s resources.
5. If you’re still having trouble, try restarting your device. Apple also recommends restarting after installing any application. Follow these steps to restart:
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the device for 5 seconds.
- Run the slider across the screen to power off.
- Wait 30 seconds, then start the device again by holding the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple icon.
- Start your game.